Take a step towards a brighter future & live your life.
“We don’t have to do all of it alone. We were never meant to.” ~ Brene Brown, Rising Strong
Hi there, I’m Lisa.
I’m a Wellington-based private counsellor who works with teenagers & adults to improve mental health and wellbeing. Because your life is worth living. You deserve to find joy in your journey. I also support other clinical health professionals with practice supervision to develop & maintain safe & sustainable work practices.
I’m a nurse of more than 20 years & am now specifically trained in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT), Dialectical Behavioural Therapy (DBT) & Acceptance Commitment Therapy (ACT.)
I’m also a mother of two boys, now in their 20’s, wife to a conscientious hospital consulting pharmacist; a problem solver, educator, active listener, change activator & owner to a loyal, loving dog - Ayla, who likes to have her say through my blog featuring Ayla’s Antics.
Over the years I’ve crafted together an assortment of experiences.
I’ve lived a zig zag journey. The result? A relatable story or two – teen marriage, living in another country, divorce, unhappiness in the workplace, Army Territorials Training, going to university in my 40’s, loss of a parent & the sudden loss of a family member.
I’m committed to empowering and guiding you from the experiences I’ve had and the teachings I’ve learnt. Together, we’ll create a customised counselling plan to help you achieve your goals.
Education, Training & Affiliations
- Registered Comprehensive Nurse - Whitirea Polytechnic
- Advanced Clinical Supervision - Whitirea Polytechnic
- PGCertHealthScience Programme endorsed in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy - Otago University
- PGDiploma in Health Sciences with distinction in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy - Otago University
- Bereaved by Suicide Waves Facilitator - Skylight
- Completed HEEADSSS assessment & skills for youth training - Werry Centre
- Certificate of Complete Dialectical Behaviour Therapy Skills Course - Behavioural Tech LLC
- Certificate of Completion Intensive Training in Dialectical Behaviour Therapy - Behaviour Tech LLC
- Advanced ACT Therapist - Russ Harris ACT Mindfully AU
- The Thriving Adolescent - An ACT approach using DNvA through Louise Haye
- Smashed & Stoned Facilitator - ALACNZ
- Experience in Primary, Secondary & Tertiary Mental Health environments
- NZ Nursing Council Registration
- ANZACBT member